There are a number of things to keep in mind when using highlighter and bronzer, such as your skin colour and face shape. But there are universal means and methods of application that will suit everyone. Let’s sort it out in order.
Best Highlighters – The latest buyers guide
WHY USE BRONZER AND HIGHLIGHTER?
Bronzer and highlighter – sculpting products; with their help, you can change the location of chiaroscuro on the face and thereby slightly correct facial features. For example, visually narrow or, conversely, expand the nose, emphasize the cheekbones, enlarge the lips and eyes. Of course, the changes will not be radical, but the result, with the correct use of the funds, will look very natural.
WHERE TO APPLY BRONZER
HOW TO APPLY BRONZER AND HIGHLIGHTER: STEP BY STEP PHOTO INSTRUCTIONS
- Start off by applying a light foundation. Add some peach blush to the apples of your cheeks.
For a more sculpted face, apply a creamy neutral brown concealer under the cheekbone and temporal area, as well as under the jawline. The difference between a sculpting concealer and bronzer is that the shade is cooler and more like a natural shadow, while bronzer gives the appearance of tanned and radiant skin. You can easily find the necessary shade of the concealer in the Highlight & Contour Cream Pro Palette from NYX Professional Makeup.
- With an around duo-fibre brush or cosmetic sponge, blend all lines of the concealer into a haze without borders. Examine your face carefully to make sure there are no streaks anywhere. Instead of a creamy concealer, you can use a dry one, but it must be shaded immediately after application. If you opt for a dry texture, then the 3 Steps To Sculpt palette from NYX Professional Makeup will do.
- Apply the highlighter to the protruding parts of the face: cheekbone, bridge of the nose, tick above the upper lip. You can also add a highlighter to the dimple above the chin, in the inner corner of the eyes and under the eyebrow. L’Oréal Paris’s True Match Touch Magique will also hide redness.
- Spread the bronzer with a fluffy natural brush on those areas that catch the sun first. Apply it in the shape of the number “3” from the side of the forehead along the temple to the top of the cheekbone, and then to the line of the lower jaw. Add a little also to the forehead along the hairline, the middle of the nose and the tip of the chin. For a delicate tanning effect, the Beached Bronzer by Urban Decay is perfect.
WHERE TO APPLY BRONZER AND HIGHLIGHTER: SCHEMES
The highlighter not only makes the skin radiant and gives the face a rested look, but also helps to create the right accents. The secret of application is simple: what you want to hide, darken, and what, on the contrary, emphasize – highlight. It is for highlighting that a highlighter is needed.
If you don’t know what exactly you want to hide, use this universal scheme that will work for any type of face.
Particular attention should be paid to the nose. Using a highlighter, you can visually narrow the bridge of the nose and, accordingly, make it more graceful. To do this, draw a line with a highlighter from the bridge of the nose to the tip – but you do not need to apply the product to the tip itself.
Bronzer can be dispensed in several ways. However, there is also a universal one that will suit everyone. Apply the product to the areas that tan the fastest. Brush along the cheekbones, tip of the nose, forehead and chin. Movements should be light. And don’t put too much on the brush – it is very easy to overdo it with bronzer.
HOW TO APPLY BRONZER AND HIGHLIGHTER ON FAIR SKIN
If you have fair skin, then bronzer should be applied in a specific way. A liquid or cream bronzer works best. Use your fingers to mark points along the hairline, cheekbones, chin and temples. Blend well. Then add some shimmer bronzer to the same areas.
Champagne is a versatile highlighter shade. And silver is ideal for fair-skinned people. So if you are “Snow White”, look in the store for a product in cold colors. And so that the face does not turn out too pale, add a warm shade of blush to the cheeks, and a little to the bridge of the nose and chin.
HOW TO PROPERLY APPLY BRONZER AND HIGHLIGHTER ON DARK SKIN
WHAT BRUSHES SHOULD I USE TO APPLY BRONZER AND HIGHLIGHTER?
LIFE HACKS WHEN USING A BRONZER AND HIGHLIGHTER
- If you drew too clear lines with a bronzer, a light-colored powder will save the situation. Pick it up with a brush and blend well on the “problem” areas.
- Opt for ashy bronzer shades. They will look natural on the skin. But it is better to refuse redheads.
- When contouring, do not use a shimmer bronzer on the nose. Shiny particles in its composition will visually increase it.
- If you add a drop of highlighter to the inner corners of your eyelids, your eyes will look bigger.
- Use a highlighter after powder, otherwise, it will block out the shine.
- Some highlighter functions can be performed by a light-coloured concealer. Of course, the concealer will not add shine, but it can lighten the corners of the eyes and the bridge of the nose.
- If you have a round face, use a highlighter under your eyes to paint inverted triangles (and blend them well), and add some product to the middle of your forehead and chin. The rest of the zones do not need to be selected.
Give your feedback in comments or you can give any suggestion by contacting us.